Monday, January 12, 2009

Resolutions??

We had a really good New Year. We hung out with our friends at the same place we have for the last 3 years. We play cards and more importantly,...the kids are allowed. I hate the idea of getting a sitter to go to a bar. So here are a few photos of our New Year's.

Me with Katelyn


Me, Shawn and Meagan



Shawn and Meagan


Katelyn and Shawn





It's that time of year when everyone make resolutions. The problem is sticking with them...

So I have decided that I don't like the phrase "resolutions". So here are my hopes, goals, dreams for me and my family this year.


1) For Meagan- I hope and pray that she continues to grow with school. This is very hard for her and she has surprised me by her willingness to keep trying even when something is hard. I am looking forward to her trying T-Ball again this year and whatever else that puts a smile on her face, (which isn't hard to do).


2) For Katelyn- This is an easy one. Katelyn has enjoyed gymnastics for most of her life. Unfortunately since I started this blog, she has been injured and unable to compete. So my blogland friends and family have not seen any updated photos of a young lady who is talented and enjoys this sport with all of her heart. We are used to NOT being home and traveling as a family on the weekends. Seeing us Nov-May was not common. I would love for Katelyn to be healthy and strong enough to begin Level 7 again and see a smile on her face when she knows she has done well.


3) For Shawn- well, he officially put his two week notice in today. He has never quit a job before. So this feeling is leaving him a little uneasy, although he is totally excited and pumped up about starting a new job at Honeywell. This is a company that keeps it employees around for a long time and I don't think we will have to worry about layoffs. I hope that Shawn is happy with this new turn for him and he knows that I support him.


4) for me- I think for myself I actually set a goal. I worry too much about what people think, and have always tried to be a people pleaser. While I still want to do my best to be a good person, I also have to learn not to try to fix everything. I need to breath and just realize that some things happen and that's all there is to it. You can't change what people say, do, judge, and I have to let it go. This is a huge one for me. I am an emotional person.... but I will be so much happier if I try not to carry so much weight. Literally speaking...I wouldn't mind losing some weight this year either. Jessica's wedding is in 8 months...so I've got a lot of work to do :)


I love when smiles are on my face and my families. I am looking forward to a better start than how last year ended. I envision a bright and wonderful year where our family is happy, healthy, and open to adventure.


(Just to throw it in)
A picture of Jessica and Geoff in front of their new house. It's almost finished.




1 comment:

amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.